8.10.08

Schubert: Piano Trio No. 2 in E flat major, Op. 100

1. how you come across to it:
Stanley Kubrick's Barry Lyndon, in cinema house. Later on, re-visit it on the Beaux Arts Trio webcast last month.

2. why this piece?
I found myself humming the fourth movement on the streets in India. And I still haven't had enough of it since coming back to HK! :)

3. (and...)
The unabridged version of the fourth movement contains a passage with themes from both the second and fourth movment intertwining together.

a scene from Barry Lyndon, on how Barry got together with Lady Lyndon:

Piano Trio No. 2, second movement

Piano Trio No. 1, first movement, performed by Menuhins + Gendron:

2 comments:

ckcheung said...

I was humming the theme of the fourth movement when I toured Siena in January this year, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the theme of the first movement from both Piano Trio No. 1 and 2 as well! But not as frequent as the above said fourth movement :)