8.11.08

Fauré: Piano Trio in D minor, Op. 120 - I. Allegro, ma non troppo

1. how you come across to it:
A random try-out for French chamber music.

2. why this piece?
This is the only piece of music which can surmount the predominating Brahms Clarinet Sonata/Quintet these days.

Seamlessly lyrical, the underlying strong passions are expressed in a very graceful way, without sounding too forceful or awkward - I could only wish to express/use words the way Fauré organized music notes in this movement. La-de-da.

Not knowing what exactly this piece strikes me, particularly in the last minute where the piano enters with persistent As, I have looped this movement for 2 days already.

3. (and...)
There was a time I thought I was quite immune to Brahms’ music, until recently when the wave of Brahms addiction sweep through.

It would be nice if this Brahms craving and having a little peace of mind are not mutually exclusive.

[3]

No comments: