6.12.08

Fauré: Piano Trio in D minor, Op. 120

1. how you come across to it:
Continual listen to the 1st movement, and then the remaining ones. It often takes me quite a while to thoroughly digest a movement by listening to it repeatedly, before I can move on to another.

2. why this piece?
The 1st movement is the piece I play on the piano most these days, particularly when the temperature drops recently, as playing piano is a way to keep myself warm.

3. (and...)
Materials used in the 1st movement transfigured in the 2nd and the 3rd are not quite obvious (at least to me), unless you get more familiarized with the melodious 1st movement.

4. (also...)
Again, it's the subtlety which captures my attention - things which are there but not obvious at the first glance, but amaze you upon further investigation; things which are deep and intense that deserve a steady gaze to unveil, which takes time (or maybe I'm slow...).

The experience resembles how one savors tea, that you may experience a range of different combination of tastes - starting with aroma that enters the nose, followed by actual drops of tea going from the tip of tongue, to the end of throat.

This may as well serve as an excuse for my ignorance in grandiose music :p.

[8]

No comments: