6.5.09

Andrew Lloyd Webber: Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again (from The Phantom of the Opera)

1. how you come across to it:
In a midnight, I told my friend I suddenly think of the song "All I Ask of You" (though Andrew Lloyd Webber's music is NEVER my cup of te.... what make me think of the song is the wonderful lyrics by Charles Hart), then my friend said, "Oh, I prefer Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again". Then I find a youtube recording immediately. Yes, the song is haunting.
2. why this piece?
Today chatted with that friend again and I made a joke that "I don't look like your father!" (Sorry, it's difficult to tell you the complete context of the joke), at night I listen to this song again.
3. (and...)
To me, the lyrics is more attractive then music....
"Help me say goodbye", never imagine such a simple sentence can have such heartbreaking impact....

1 comment:

Scheherazade said...

Mr. Chu, glad that you posted this song - it's one of my favourite songs from The Phantom of the Opera, and it resembles unresolved daddy issues.